Contact us for a YBM Trained Doula in your city.
Serving Toronto and Surrounding Areas
Dorothy Guerra is a certified doula, author and creator of the Yoga Birth Method, she is a sought after international speaker for various childbirth organizations and offers doulas, midwives, yoga teachers and other health professionals Yoga Birth Method Certification across North America. Dorothy is currently completing her Midwifery degree with the Midwifery College of Utah. Email Dorothy to request a consult.
Fees vary based on number of services in the plan
Call or email for Service Package Pricing Fees vary $750-$1000
Doula Services – Labour Support
Experience a new way to give birth. Empower yourself and prepare for a healthy positive labour and childbirth experience. We provide Yoga Labour coaching which provides you and your spouse with holistic tools and support during your labour. The Labour coach provides assistants with breath focus, yoga postures for a more relaxed delivery and pain management techniques. This is a unique way to make your delivery a more personal holistic experience while using medical services.
Doula service includes:
- Home and hospital labour and birth support – Breath Focus, Yoga Birthing Techniques
- Support by telephone and email as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- Birth Plan
- 24 hour on-call availability 2 weeks either side of your estimated due date;
- Emotional; physical and informational support during labour, birth and up to two hours after the birth of your baby;
- One at home postpartum visit to see how you are doing and provide additional support and resources
Call us for a consultation.
Placenta Services $300-$600
- Raw in home cooking
- Art Keepsake
- umbilical Cord Keepsake
Taking your placenta home is your birth right. The benefits to encapsulation include: Increase iron levels, increase milk supply, reduce the risk of postpartum depression, help restore uterus to normal size
Contact us for a consultation and find out which service is right for you.
Why Use a Doula?
Doulas improve birth outcomes for mothers and babies, and several evidence based studies have been done that show:
- reduces overall cesarean rate by 50% reduces length of labor by 25% reduces oxytocin (Pitocin) use by 40%
- reduces use of pain medications by 30%
- reduces the need for forceps by 40%
- reduces requests for epidurals by 60%
*Based on 6 randomized studies of over 1500 women
Benefits of Doula Care
A doula “mothers the mother” and in doing so, provides a level of personal care to enhance the experience of childbirth for the whole family.
Recognizes birth as a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life…
Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor…
Assists the woman and her partner in preparing for and carrying out their plans for the birth…
Stays by the side of the laboring woman throughout the entire labor…
Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures, an objective viewpoint and assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to make good decisions…
Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and clinical careproviders…
Perceives her role as one who nutures and protects the woman’s memory of her birth experience.
A doula’s presence
- helps fathers or partners participate at their own comfort level
- assists busy hospital staff
- saves money (fewer medical interventions, shorter hospital stays)
- increases breastfeeding rates and success
- supports overall family bonding
- greatly increases a mother;s overall satisfaction with her birthing experience